Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grandma Helen's Peanut Butter Cookies



















This is my Grandma Helen's recipe, who hands down wins for having the best dessert recipes. Even a few weeks ago while we were in California for a visit, she pulled a container of these same cookies out of her fridge and sent us along with a plateful. YUM. I can remember eating these peanut butter cookies from the time I was a little girl. My mom would make them and I would sit on the kitchen counter, in anticipation that she would let me criss-cross the top of the cookies and sprinkle them with sugar--which she always did.

Ingredients:

1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. butter, room temperature
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
2 1/2 c. flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, mix. Add peanut butter and vanilla, cream together. In separate bowl combine flour and soda. Mix all together. Form 1" balls on ungreased cookie sheet, criss-cross each ball with a fork, and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake 10-12 min.

Recipe Source: Grandma Helen Jean Anderson

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on our blog, it was fun to hear from you. Let Grant and I know when you get to San Diego and we can go out to eat or something! Send me an email and we'll exchange info: brittanyjmann@gmail.com

    Also, these cookies sound amazing... I'm making them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete